Linkus was looking for the second guest of its video series about freelance talent in Belgium, when Filip popped up.
Filip is a Croatian social media manager who made of Brussels his home after moving to the EU capital in 2013. He initially arrived for an internship, to later work for some few small companies.
How does one become social media strategist in Belgium?
It wasn’t until 2015 that Filip started experimenting with being a social media freelancer, and since then he has been providing a whole array of social media services to the B2B and B2C sector, including institutions like the European Parliament and the European Commission. On top of that, he has provided educational trainings in his area of specialisation.
He is the one to turn to if you want to make your business grow through social media (or if you wish to go for a Belgian beer-he loves them). Be it Facebook, Instagram, or TikTok, his expertise can guide you to know from which social media channel to choose based on your target audience, to what kind of content to share.
For him, social media is very relevant for B2B marketing, understood as a brand fostering channel where you can educate and entertain, rather than being a sole direct sales channel.
What are the 5 things you need to know before doing TikTok?
- Know your target audience
- Know what kind of videos your competitors are publishing
- Know your strength, which means to assess your ability to make your own video
- Know your weakness: if you cannot make videos yourself, hire the right professionals to help you with your content production
- Know your value and provide it to your audience.